In 1020, Bishop Oliba besieged the church of Santa Maria and restored the boundaries of Manresa.
A date like this well deserves a celebration. That is why the basilica with the collaboration of Manresa’s City Council, has organized a program of events to commemorate this key date in the history of the temple and the city:
- July 12 at 19.00: solemn mass.
- July 15 at 7.30 pm: conference “A thousand years of a dam: Manresa and Oliba”, by Marc Sureda, and inauguration of the Espai Oliba.
- July 16, 17, 22, 23 and 24: Millennium Evenings, guided tours.
- September 3, 4 and 5: 4th Cop d’Ull Microtheater Festival.
- October 9, 23 and 30: Romanesque knowledge cycle.